Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is the sequel to Sniper: Ghost Warrior. It was developed by City Interactive for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 was released on March 12, 2013 (NA), March 15, 2013 (EU), and March 19, 2013 (AU).
Not much is known about the story other than it takes place in places like Tibet and Burma.The game also takes place in 1992. during the War In Bosnia And Herzegovina in its capital Sarajevo.
As the title suggests, players will primarily dispatch enemies using various sniper rifles and stealth kill options. The game's sniping system will take into account wind speeds and directions, heartbeat rate, and bullet drop. Successful sniping will require minute control over these inputs.
The official site describes the following features:
- Defend your perimeter with Claymore mines, demolish enemy outposts with C4 charges and make silent kills with throwing knives
- Realistic ballistics system measures bullet trajectory, bullet drop and environmental effects such as wind, fog and rain
- Pull off the perfect headshot and watch your bullet strike the enemy with pin-point accuracy in Bullet Cam mode
- 12-person multiplayer battles featuring
- 6 custom created maps
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes all the breathless anticipation, precise controls and skillful fun of sniping and mixes it with stealth and silent elimination play, action scenes, a cooperative move playbook
- Night vision and thermo vision goggles to use in limited visibility situations
- Multiple and varied locations including urban, jungle, mountain environments
The following features are exclusive to the PS3 version of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2.
- Upgraded AI, gameplay and graphics;
- Exclusive single player missions for PS3 owners;
- Bonus multiplayer maps;
- Exclusive new multiplayer modes including Capture the Flag and Hard Core difficulty mode;
- Exclusive new sniper rifles including the L96 and the M200 Intervention;
- Bonus single-player challenge: Additional mission with Hard Core mode to challenge the very best players!